The two shed structures, erected in about 1917, were largely intact despite being extremely dilapidated and having structural defects. They had become an eyesore in the urban decay of the Warwick Triangle. The significant feature is the pair of ornate north gables with Cape Dutch characteristics, a landmark in the area. The building occupies a triangular island site, well located and was suitable for recycling into a community centre. The centre is now known as Warwick Junction which includes the operations offices for the urban renewal programme of the area.
The community hall occupies the prominent north end of the building. The south end has been transformed into the administrative offices by reducing the floor level and introducing a mezzanine with a steel and timber structure. A steel structure lean-to veranda has been added to the east facade to provide a gathering space and a link to the landscaped forecourt and parking area. Kitchen and toilet facilities have been provided flanking the veranda and forecourt with stepped lean-to roofs. Landscaping of the site and the surroundings is in accordance with the Warwick Triangle landscape plan, numerous mature palms now line the pavements and frame the distinctive south gables.