The block of seven utilitarian Victorian warehouses were constructed from 1895 to 1901. The ground floor of the development will be retained as retail but the central interior area will be converted to a secure parking area. The canal which links back to the Point canal system will terminate in the food court with a double volume connecting the area to the level above.
The existing first floor and an additional two floors (lofts) will be used for residential accommodation. In contrast to the rich modulation of the Victorian facades, the duplexes will be constructed of steel frames and glass, the roofs emulating the sails of passing yachts.